Paul, firstly thanks for doing the interview, we always like to start the interview with a toughy.....
1. What is your shoe size?
2. When did you first take up Hockey?
3. What positions have you played?
Every position…in fact, in the old days, the positions had different names such as Inside Left, Centre Half, etc..
4. What is your favourite book and what are you reading at the moment?
Solo, Jack Higgins / Wolf At The Door, Jack Higgins.
5. What is your favourite film?
Magnificent Seven…close 2nd would be Live And Let Die.
6. Best player you have played with or against?
Tricky one, there’s been quite a lot…probably Imran Shirwani…but some of our own boys were pretty good such as Malcolm “Wilkie” Wilkinson, Bobby “Dazzler” Crutchley and Justin Pidcock.
7. Top tip, for Hockey?
Ensure your there for the 3rd half – the most important part of the game and good for camaraderie.
8. What are you listening to, music wise at the moment?
Any old stuff NKC/Dean Martin/etc but also listen to the radio, Heart FM.
9. Best advice given to you?
Concentrate on your studies and get a good degree.
10.Who has been the biggest influence on your Hockey?
11. What next for NSWHC?
Tarmac in the car park?!
12. Who would you have on your side, who is a present member of NSWHC in a full kicking scrapping fight and why?
Anyone of the Ladies team…cos they’re all scary…nah, probably Gavin Gavla Duff.
13. Where do you Splash the Cash? (What shops do you spend your Money?)
Shops? What are they?.
14. What was the best day of your life?
British Virgin Islands, 15th May 1999, first day on a 46ft chartered powerboat bound for Jost van Dyke, BVI out of St Thomas, USVI – what a day! …in fact, it was a good 2 weeks!
15. Favourite food
Roti Prata Plasta (Indian Muslim flour pancakes with egg and a fish curry sauce) or Laksa (Singapore dish).
16. Favourite drink
A free one…or a good New World red wine.
17. Your ideal weekend?
Hong Kong: Stanley Market, Ocean Park, Victoria Peak, Night Market and Wan Chai/Lan Kwai Fong…followed by Neptune’s.
18. Advice to the government?
Become honourable…reduce the National Debt and become more efficient…and give the Expenses money back!
19. Dogs or cats and if so name of your pet?
Definitely Dogs, Mollie.
20. Can we improve NSWHC in any way?
Tarmac on the car park, more fun days (possibly incorporate into hockey training) and social events (where we have a minibus to taxi people from/to home/club…oh! And can someone please open the front gate to the Astro?! It was funny at first but it’s just silly now.